Tuesday, January 22, 2013


So, I haven't posted in a couple of weeks and I have so many other things to blog about and I post a picture about food. We know what's priority in my life, right?!
I am not a great candy maker. I bought a candy thermometer several years back to help me out, but I'm not sure I've every used it.
I've been wanting some caramel sauce for several weeks now. With it being in the single digits or below zero and well below zero (like 20 below) who wouldn't want ice cream with caramel sauce. I used a different recipe this time, because last time I tried it separated after as it cooled and I swear I followed all the directions. This time, however, I again followed the directions but this is what I got...the most perfect caramel candies. Now if I were trying to make caramel chews it wouldn't have worked. Maybe I should try to make caramel chews and then I would end up with caramel sauce?
Moral of story....Sara, you really don't need to be eating ice cream with caramel sauce.

No comments: