#1 Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti Pasta.
Super easy and I thought it was very yummy. Even the kids liked it. Just added salad and some garlic bread and we were ready to go. So, it's a winner and you should try it.
#2 Coconut Chicken
Now, I tried to make some last minute changes because I didn't want to have to run out to the store when I realized I didn't have what I thought I had in the pantry. I needed plain shredded coconut...oops I only had sweetened. I needed coconut milk...I only had cream of coconut and I usually always have coconut milk. So I went ahead and made it with what I had. I think it would have worked out if I didn't have very unhappy children that I was trying to soothe, a husband that was calling me wanting me to act as his personal GPS to navigate around traffic, and slightly incorrect ingredients. Result: first batch was burned. The oil was probably too hot, but mainly there was too much sugar in the shredded coconut. So I ditched the shredded coconut for the second batch and just used bread crumbs and it was much better. We had rice and sauteed garden veggies to go with it. Next time, I will use the unsweetened ingredients and try to have a calmer atmosphere...good luck right?!
#3 Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
I loved these...but I'm a pork fan. Again, super simple and a winner with everyone. We had this with mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, and homemade rolls.
For dessert I tried this...
Pina Colada Sorbet
I had leftover cream of coconut to use and Blasen's been asking for some Pina Colada ice cream. I didn't have enough pineapple juice, so I opened a can of pineapple chunks and threw everything into the blender. It made it so there were little pieces of pineapple which I thought added a nice texture. I threw it in our ice cream maker that doesn't use ice(best gift ever Mom and Dad...ice cream in 20 minutes and no ice or salt). Bliss and Zade didn't really care for it, but it was a winner with the rest of us.
So that was my first Pinterest project. I'm definitely going to be using some more of these recipes. And I'm thinking in a few months when school starts and I have only 2 children at home, I may actually get some sewing in again and will have to do a Pinterest project for sewing. Exciting!
4 comments:
If you pinned a chicken enchilada recipe that claimed they are the best ever...um...yeah, they're not. It was creamy chicken enchiladas...which should be great, but the recipe was off. Also there is a recipe called Million Dollar Spaghetti or something like that, defintiely not worth a million dollars. Those recipes can be hit or miss! Glad these were winners!
And ps..I pinned a fabric basket you can make one of your sewing projects. They may make great gifts. :)
That coconut chicken looks good, but I've used this recipe several times for guest and it's always a hit. And it's super easy!
http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/11/crispy-coconut-chicken-fingers/
And if you google pina colada pineapple sauce you can make a great dip for them!
That all looks amazing but I think i'd go for the ice cream...pina colada yum!
Post a Comment