Tuesday, June 26, 2012

America's Dairyland

I'm up in "America's Dairyland", aka Wisconsin, this week. I feel out of place for several reasons.
One, I just plain sound different.
Two, 50's in the evening is cool to me...cool enough to wear a light cardigan and I get strange looks from those half naked in shorts and tank tops.
Three, I wake up thinking someone is breaking into our house and then remember I'm in a hotel and that's just someone walking down the hallway.
Four, I feel naked without children. I actually feel anxious at times, like I'm forgetting something and not sure what it is and then I realize I can calm down because my children are back home with family. I have no one to dress, feed or care for except myself. Weird feeling. And I miss my baby's hugs and kisses. This is my first time away from Kipp and it's been difficult.
Five, I'm sure I have a lost look on my face..well, because I am. We forgot the GPS this week and I decided this was a good time to learn the city and surrounding areas. I do look at the map before I leave and I do have a map app on my phone in case I become totally lost. But it's been good.
I looked at some rental properties yesterday and drove around looking at houses I found online. Today, I meet up with our realtor to actually look inside some of those houses. He's helped us the two other times we've looked at houses here and I'm sure he's ready for us to buy something. He's so nice and works great on short notice...Thanks again Jim!
I'm going to take advantage of the hotel's gym. I figure it will be nice to go without having to convince children to come with me.
Wish me luck...say some prayers.


No comments: