Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Surviving the "Random Virus"


Remember when I said I woke with a stuffy head or something along those lines? Well, it was the full blown crud. I was sick for 3 or 4 days...I even lost my voice at one point. It was then passed on to Isla who is, fingers-crossed, on her last day. Between a feverish toddler, a teething baby, and a husband with a broken collarbone I just haven't slept well. Imagine that. That's the story of my life. And I know I asked for it. I'll shut-up now about it because I get tired of hearing myself talk about it...y'all got to be tired of hearing it.
I'm trying to catch-up a bit with things, one being the blog. I've had some good ideas, going-ons, and such over the past couple of weeks that I've wanted to share and just haven't gotten to them. So, hopefully, over the next few days I can catch-up.
Just letting you know I survived the "random virus we see this time of year", so said the pediatrician of which I will be paying around $80 for this bit of knowledge. Know I'm hoping that Blasen will escape without infection. I sanitized our sheets yesterday. I literally ran them through the wash on the sanitize cycle...1hr 50min later they were done. Ridiculous. We'll see if it works. Meanwhile, he keeps his distance from pitiful Isla, even asking her not to breath on him. Very loving, but understandable. Who wants to feel like you have the flu, but not really have the flu?
The cool cold weather blew in over night. We actually turned on the heater tonight...ugh. Not looking forward to those bills. I'm hoping it will warm back up and we can enjoy another month not running the heat pump...so would my pocket book(who says that anymore? I sound like my Grandma.) Off to catching-up.


P.S. I love flowers and so thought I'd share. And now that I peruse Pinterest...you'll see lots more here. One day I may actually take my own pictures and then share them with you!

No comments: