Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Birthday Party


Finally....the pictures of the birthday party. I really just want to brag about this wonderful pinata that Blasen made. Bliss wanted a dinosaur themed party this year. Blasen was delegated the position of pinata maker as this is right up his ally. He's a paper-mache artist in his spare time...you knew that, right? He's made a paper-mache guitar(strings, frets, and handle real, just the body is paper), a 3D art pieces, a display board on Edgar Allen Poe in college, and even a wakeboard, which was then coated in fiberglass. He's good at this kind of stuff. This thing was huge! I convinced him only to do the bust after he started and it was on track to be bigger than any 6 year old at this party. We're talking near life size Dromeaosaurus here.
I had to remind him that after all that hard work this is what would happen. (As a side...do you see Kipp in the background in the carseat? He was not happy and I had just sat him in the seat...those are his legs in the air. He eventually squirmed his way out of there. He was not any happier when he ended up on the concrete sidewalk...his plan back-fired.) 


We moved on to the PVC pipe...the bat just wasn't cutting it. We would've been there all night.

Of course, we had to have the dinosaur cake. The dinosaur cake that no one actually ate cake, just frosting.
But he was happy.
As decorations we made the tissue paper pom-poms from Martha Stewart.
Martha Stewart
I also made the confetti garland you see in the background. I just punched out circles in various boyish colors and sewed them together with a straight stitch. Super easy and fun. Zade and Blasen were in charge of decorating and they just threw them whereever.
I also made ruffled streamers. I've seen them all over the web. Also super easy and you can save to use over.

There you have it...another year, another party.

No comments: