Source: maxless.tumblr.com via Wayne on Pinterest
Today I woke up late, with a sore throat, stuffy nose and achy body. I soon realized that I could not just roll over and stay in my warm, comfy bed and that my alarm had been going off for about 15 minutes unnoticed.
I knew I had caught whatever bug Zade had earlier this week. I thought it was Strep and actually took him to the doctor. (If you know me, that's saying something.) All came back negative, so I knew that I would just suffer through this and I was glad I got it first, instead of Kipp.
The day ended better than I thought and likely just because of the anticipation of Blasen heading home. Knowing he is on the plane takes some of the weight off of me. The light is appearing on the horizon.
I braved Publix last weekend with all four children...Kipp on my chest in the Baby Bjorn and the other 3 in the car cart...or buggy, as I call them. I was stopped a million times by people telling me how brave I was, how my hands must be full, how do you handle it, etc. At one point, I wanted to point out that all there stopping me and their comments were making my shopping trip longer and I'm on a timer folks. Four kids can only take the inside of a grocery store for so long. And when one goes...they all shortly follow.
I thought about those comments a lot this week, especially the one..."how do you handle it?" from the man restocking the ice cream. Honestly, it's really not bad. I've always told people that children usually come one at a time, so the madness comes slowly...so slowly, you don't know you're in it. Now, if you dumped 4 kids on me all at once...I may not be able to do that.
So where is this going, you ask? The answer to "how do you handle it." I realize that I'm blessed. I recognize the miracles in my life. I know from where they come...a loving Heavenly Father who sent his son Jesus Christ. And we can put our yolk on Him. He helps me "handle it". I have to have perspective...it's a must. The 18 or so years my children will be solely in my care will come and go in a flash. I've already blinked and have a 6 year old. It's not a lot to ask honestly, when you compare it with the rest of your life...the years before and after children are in your home.
Tonight when I was mulling this over and trying to glean some lessons from my time alone with the children over the past week and a half(it's always a growing experience for me), I was reminded of a blog that I've read on and off since we were living in China. Many of you likely have heard of Stephanie Nielson and her blog, NieNieDialogues. She really is inspiring. She reminded me that we can overcome all with the help of our Savior Jesus Christ. I hadn't read her blog in awhile and I noticed that the church has made a Mormon Message about her...so I thought I'd share.
My lesson this week...and many times before...perspective Sara, perspective. Step out of the moment. Look to the past and look to the future. Now go and do what needs to be done.
1 comment:
Great post Sara! I used to watch my friends kids for a few day at a time and I would go from one child to four. After about 2 days....I was going CRAZY. I like the slowly at a time going crazy comment.
Post a Comment