Monday, August 29, 2011

Teetering

That's what I feel like sometimes...like I'm teetering on the edge of something...insanity, disaster, self destruction. Okay so maybe that's a little dramatic. But one can never say they are bored around here. This picture is how I found Kipp about an hour ago. I left him on the couch, on his back, in the corner and this is how I found him...teetering on the edge. He was balancing pretty well, having a good ol' time. You probably think I'm a bad mom, but I was supposed to be gone just for a second. What was supposed to be a "second" turned into several minutes of a 2 year old's breakdown over what she was eating for lunch. Which resulted in me giving up hopes of my noon pilates class (you know, where I work on my balance..both physically and mentally). Now peace resides throughout the house for the moment. The baby is asleep, the cranky 2 year old is watching a show before nap time and the very strangely quiet and behaved(for today) 4 year old is off playing and watching cartoons. (maybe I should go check on him?)
I'm not sure if I'm feeling this a great way to start the week, but I'll take whatever I get. I have a perfect storm brewing that's surely to result in many a break-down from numerous family members. I'll let you in on what we've got going this week. Needless to say, I'm already looking forward to the end of September and it hasn't even begun yet!
Later...I need a Diet Dr. Pepper!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I know how you feel! I too have days like this and need a Diet Dr. Pepper! I have a hard time finding them here. They aren't in any of the restraunts. Fast food even! I amazingly found a 7/11 that has them on their fountain drink choice and I'm happy again!