Part1: The Family
As we grow, inevitably there are going to be differences in personalities, likes/dislikes, wants/needs, etc. I end up getting pulled in many directions and like I mentioned before, the teetering begins. Here's our motley crew:
Kipp: the only one with good reason to be totally reliant on me. Unfortunately, he is a very hungry caterpillar here lately. He's eating around the clock and I'm wondering why I even try to sleep. Thankfully, his super cuteness makes up for it.
Isla: the formerly super independent, now heavily dependent on the mom, 2 year old. We're sort-of Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde these days. Dontcha just love those 2's. Granted I'll have patience with it now and not so much when it again rears it's ugly head during the tween/teen years. (And can I just ask, who made up the word "tween"?) She made me laugh this morning when I found her "nursing" her baby doll, using a neck pillow as her nursing pillow. I found it cute and wanted to make a point with those Nature v. Nurture folks. Blasen, however, was somewhat disturbed...it's a guy thing I guess...or maybe just a Blasen thing. She burps the baby and changes sides...she's got it down pat. She's a sweet little mommy...a little mommy that won't go potty.
Zade: the rock star. He's a good kid and cracks me up. He's also a little Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde on occasion, but I guess that is to be expected. He spends all day asking when we'll pick-up Bliss. He misses his wrestling buddy, because that is all they do as soon as we do pick Bliss up from school...and lucky me, I'm the referee. Zade is actually my one child that doesn't bother me at night(again, I ask why do I attempt to sleep?). But early Monday morning he comes into my room upset, saying there was a bug in his bathroom. I say just go to my bathroom. So, I hear him go into my bathroom. I'm in and out of it, not sure what time it is or what really is going on. Blasen rolls over and says, I think he said bedroom not bathroom. I would say at least 30 minutes passes as I'm dozing and I realize that I am just now hearing Zade leave my bathroom. Fastforward to breakfast. I ask him about that bug in his bathroom. He says, "No, Mom, it was in my bedroom." I ask "Well, why did you go to my bathroom then?" Zade, "Because you said to go there." Bless his heart, he was being obedient, even though his sleep deprived mother didn't know what was going on. He laid down in the bathroom trying to go back to sleep but eventually wandered down to his bed. Hence, the reason he slept in late.
Bliss: the school boy who is learning the tough lesson of time management. He's having a rough time deciding how to use his time between school and bedtime. There just isn't enough time to do everything he wants to do. Sunday night he had to go to bed hungry, because he decided to play video games instead of eating dinner. We're very casual on Sunday evening as in "if you are hungry, you better get some leftovers or a sandwich...maybe even some popcorn." After much weeping and wailing at bedtime, I would say lesson learned.
Blasen: the rugby playing, college football watching, traveling Dad. He's a lot of other things too, but he is oh so happy football is starting up this coming weekend. He's got the new 50" plasma (plasma is supposedly better for sports viewing)to aid in his love of the game. Also, his rugby season starts and seems to be a bit fuller this fall than normal. And the Rugby World Cup is coming up and he is extra delighted. Oh and he'll be gone a week this month and is planning a work trip to China and Turkey for several weeks in October!
I know there are many women who don't look forward to this time of year and I am not one of them. Football on TV means my husband will want to be parked in front of the TV for at least 3 hours and he can, in theory, be watching the kids while I try to accomplish something that I, the mom, need or want to do. And I don't mind watching football, or rugby for that matter. Win/win, right?
Sara: the mom. Surprise there are no recent pictures of me. Hold on...I'll take one.
She's the one causing the whole "Perfect Storm" scenario. Yes, I need to wash my hair. And yes, I'll be growing my hair out...not digging the short do this time around...could be the 15lbs I need to lose.
No comments:
Post a Comment