Monday, August 22, 2011

My Recent Silver Finds

As many of you know, Blasen is gone at least once a month to Wisconsin for work. I've mentioned before how the Goodwill there is the best thrift store I've EVER been to. It has a wide variety of stuff, well priced, and is neat and organized as far a thrift stores go.
Fortunately for me, Blasen's favorite pizza place is right next door to this awesome Goodwill. So every month, he wanders over to browse as he waits for his pizza to cook. This trip here's what he brought me...
small covered dish
3 pretty serving platters
I love the detail. Yes, I haven't cleaned them yet.

This one has a place for a bowl

Can't remember if I shared this one before. Blasen bought it a couple months back for me. It's a lotus flower bowl...as in it holds flowers. See the holes from on top?
This one was from the same time as the lotus piece. I didn't feel like getting it down, but has a pretty bead detail.
Blasen is hoping I don't want the pieces and he can just sale them for the silver. My sweet resourceful husband. But he also knows that I love silverware and milk glass and keeps an eye open for me. I believe the only reason he supports this habit of mine, is that I buy my pieces for way less than I could likely sale them one day. A great return on the investment! Yes, my husband is very "business" minded...it's a good thing. He also feels bad that I have to be home alone with all the kiddos while he's out of town. Whatever reason he buys them, I love them and thank him.

No comments: