Friday, August 19, 2011

To You Nursing Mommas

image source
I come across useful things occasionally and I mean to share them more than I do. As a breast feeding mother, these guys have come in handy. Yes, I know there are disposable nursing pad, but that cost begins to add up, especially if you are nursing for a year, like I do. I have several pairs of washable nursing pads that I've gathered over the years. With Isla, I lost several in the washing machine. Remember that story? So, this time around I decided I wanted to invest in some more washable nursing pads, especially since the price of disposable ones is ever increasing and the variety is ever decreasing.
After being discouraged by the price of pre-made owes through stores like Walmart and Target ($3/pair). I came across this tutorial and decided I should just make my own. I had the material already since my MIL made me some diapers from diaper flannel when I had Bliss and I never used them for their intended purpose. I'm not the best seamstress, but I could do this. So with material on hand, I cut out a billion circles and sewed them up last week. Now, I have plenty on hand and enough leftovers for the future for myself or maybe even gifts. I like them much better than the disposables as I feel they "breath" better and absorb better. If you are a breast feeding momma...you should consider making some. Tres simple.

No comments: