Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sara's Sweat Shop


Here are a few photos of some things I've been up to. I've been doing lots of sewing lately just out of convenience. Convenient because I'm so large and sitting to sew is better than trying to refinish furniture or reupholster a chair. This is the spring bag I made awhile back and it's been sitting in my sewing pile waiting for some sort of embellishment. I decided on this flower found over at Jones Design Company. She's doing an entire week of flower making ideas. Go take a look.
These are a couple of the blankets and burp cloths I made for the baby. I can not find my box of boy blankets and burp cloths, so until I can dig a little easier I made some. I found this flannel at Wal-Mart for $2/yd. And some other for cheap, that is actually super soft that I used for blankets, burp cloths, and a boppy cover.

Here are a couple of boppy covers. The one in the back is that flannel.

I also made a house for my laptop when in travels. Sorry the picture is blurry...I'm having issues with my camera.
Here's the inside. I put a pocket for random stuff or the battery pack and cord. I also, used a covered button for the closure. I originally tried the easy way of adding adhesive velcro tabs. Did not work, so I add the button.
I also fixed this shirt for Isla. I picked it up at Old Navy for like a $1, but it was long sleeves and we needed short sleeves. There were two, so now she has two new shirts. She had to put one on as soon as I finished it this morning.
These are all the pictures I could snap. Zade was determined to get outside and smash soda cans from the recycling. I'll post more later. And I promise to one day figure out my camera so I can have better looking pictures.

No comments: