Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter Pictures

I meant to post some Easter pictures last week, but with the storms coming through and reeking havoc on half the state...it just got put off.
Here in Decatur, we are pretty much back to normal. I think this is the first day for kids back to school for a full day. I don't think the school year is ever going to end...it'll just roll into next school year. We'v had so many weather days this year that they are already extending the school year, now they'll have to add a few more.
Regardless, the kids had a great Easter. This was our first normal Easter in years. Last year, Blasen was in Wisconsin full-time, the year before-Isla was born the day before Easter, the year before that-Blasen was in China on business. So, we enjoyed Easter as a family this year...well, just before we dropped Blasen off at the airport to be gone for the week.
I actually pulled through and made Isla a dress for Easter. I was planning on making her a Christmas dress, and sadly the material still sits in my material cabinet waiting for next Christmas. My mother said the trick is to never wait until that holiday to make the dress...always sew for the following holiday. We'll see how that works out for me.
I used an old Butterick pattern my mother loaned me that she used for us girls.
It was a pattern for a smocked dress, but I wasn't that adventurous this time around. To cut down on sewing time, I used the flower print material up top and gathered using elastic thread. I added the piping and the floral trim on the bottom of her dress and the sleeves. I think it turned out pretty cute.
I was sort-of nervous making the changes to the pattern, but it seemed to work out. The seams are even serged...I'm pretty proud of myself.
The boys stripped out of their suits as soon as the car door opened. But they did want to show off their new hats.
Well, I better run. I've been sewing like a mad woman before this baby gets here. I promise to post pictures soon of those projects. Blasen's turned the lights off...I guess that's sign I need to go to bed.

No comments: