Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Picture Says it All



I really am trying to do better with this blogging thing. I've gone back and forth and have accepted that I will likely never be as consistent as I was when living in China. Granted, in China, I had NOTHING else to do and was grasping for sanity. I get so caught up in reading everyone else's blog that I never take the time to actually say anything on mine and I have lots in my head that I want to share. 

One thing I guess I better share before it gets too late is that we are adding to our family once again. Yes, baby Archibald #4 is on it's way. Today, I had a second ultrasound. The first one was last month and baby wasn't cooperating and we didn't get good measurements, so back again today and everything looks marvelous...great spine and air bubbles in tummy and a good look at the four chambers of his heart. 

Yes...we're adding more testosterone to this household. I'm 24 weeks and on the downhill side and doing just fine. Just as an aside...pregnancy #4 loads different than #1...granted I'm a bit older now. But hey, I impressed the old man next to me today in the gym. Not until I was finished with my two miles did he realize that I was 6months pregnant and still running a tad quicker than him. I'm paying for it tonight...my hips are killing me! Maybe he wouldn't be so impressed if he were at the doctor with me today to see that I gained 7lbs this month! This is always the "big gain" month for me and there is now no denying that I'm actually growing a baby and not just putting on winter weight. 

So, we're excited around here and wondering when exactly we'll move. Before or after baby is born? Hard to say. Which discomfort could you stand most? Moving extremely pregnant or moving with brand new nursing baby? I just can't decide. I wish someone would decide for me...i.e. please someone buy my house! 

Speaking of house...I knew it wouldn't take long before Blasen got the itch again. That is the itch to tear something up. Tonight he calls me upstairs and says he pulled up some of the carpet on the stairs and thinks maybe we should tear it up after all. I have been wanting to tear that stupid carpet off the stairs since we moved into this place 3 years ago. I let him simmer over it for awhile and after dinner he goes at it. All the carpet is up and the wood doesn't look that bad at all. I think I may sand and stain the step and paint out the face white. They've only been stained once and never painted, so it should go rather easily. I'm really excited to finally have that nasty ol' carpet gone. I'll get some pictures up later this week. I took some tonight, but the lighting was off and they didn't turn out well. 

6 comments:

Jeni said...

You need one of those ace bandage strap things for your belly so you can run without it hurting you while you're preggo! Hooray for baby #4!!

And I would say, since I've been there, that moving huge pregnant is no fun, but I would much prefer it to moving with another living, breathing person that needs to be fed. Every three hours at least. So there's my vote if you're counting.

:)

Emily said...

All I keep thinking is poor Isla! She will either rule her brothers or be run over! She is so tiny, but I'm sure she will get tough! I'm glad you finally spilled the beans on here. I was beginning to think you were just going to put up pictures of a new baby one day! LOL! I love you and can't wait to see the new little guy!

tracyp said...

Congrats Sara!!!! I'm so excited for you and Blasen!

have fun with the extra remodeling....we're moving and Mike is already figuring out how to design the new space.

Tracy said...

Sara, that is wonderful news. We wish you the very best for all the new and exciting things that will happen this year.

holley family said...

Oh yipee!!! that means we're due about the same time! Congratulations!

Ashley said...

Congratulations! Wrangling 4 gives me a mini panic attack, but I know you will handle it with flare.