Monday, January 31, 2011

Karma for Tooting Horns

You realize if you complain or "toot your own horn" it always ends up biting you in the butt so to speak. Well, I recently complained about the weather and this weekend gave me good reason to be thankful and not complain. We had wonderful weather here in N. Alabama this weekend...even today is not so bad. I recently told Blasen one of the things that I like about winter in the South is that you get these random breaks from the cold weather where you get nice sunny 70 degree weather...just long enough to hold you over until Spring. Of course, this weather is always followed by severe thunderstorms, but I feel it a fair trade. Today is still warmer, maybe 60 outside, but with thick cloud cover and storms rolling in tomorrow. I have thoroughly enjoyed my small bit of spring weather in January...I even broke out the flip-flops, which my feet sorely miss.
The consequence of "tooting my own horn" was a pinched sciatic nerve in the right leg. Can I say "OUCH"? The worst came when trying to sleep and I mean trying more than sleeping. Thankfully I somehow un-pinched it after about 2 nights of painfully little sleep.
I mentioned last week that we tore up the ugly carpet on our stairs. I thought I would post the before and after photos now and when they finally get refinished the after-after pictures.
It may not look so bad here, but in person...ugh! And it didn't match the carpet on the last couple of stairs just past that landing up top. 

You may think that this isn't much better...but I think it looks better already. 
I must sign-off now. Isla woke up sick this morning with a stomach virus...her first and she just woke up from a nap. Most of the morning has been spent sitting with me on the couch. Let's just all pray that I escape it this time round. Nothing worse than being pregnant with a stomach virus. Well, I'm sure there is something worse, but a stomach virus definitely isn't pleasant.

3 comments:

tracyp said...

Nice improvement on the stairs! And I hope Miss Isla feels better soon!

Emily said...

I think it looks great without the carpet! Give Isla hugs and kisses for me. I hope she feels better soon.

nowellmama said...

More power to ya for taking on the stairs challenge and doing it pregnant too. more power on that too. Can't give in and willingly throw up for 6 plus mnths. Maybe when we move and i'm stranded inside for 6mths of snow anyways. congrats.