Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Time

Yes...we are still alive here at Chez Nous. Sorry for such a long break. Trying to keep up with the Christmas rush has proven more difficult than I originally thought. It's hard to make gifts for friends and family with children under foot. The boys are not too bad, but Isla just wants to be so helpful...you know that very unhelpful helpfulness.
We're still in Alabama, but trying to make a decision on when to make the move regardless if the house sells or not. A decision we are finding very difficult to make. So, for now, we're enjoying the holidays with no on going construction. It's always nice to be able to decorate and not have to worry about wood, tile, and power tools lying around to add to the decor.
This year, I treated myself with live greenery for outside. It's sort-of traditional here in our neighborhood and I did these three wreaths with red apples and pine cones. And Blasen went a little Clark W. Grizzwald with the lights. I guess it's better than putting "FOR SALE" in lights on the roof like he really wanted to.



After I took this picture, I realized the apples on this wreath look a little crooked and had to be tightened up after hanging.
So inside and outside are both decorated this year and before the week of Christmas. The only bummer is we didn't get that huge discount on the Christmas tree that we have the past several years. And now I've updated my blog to reflect that it is Christmas. Shoot...I may even but up my Christmas music for your enjoyment.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

I like your wreath! It looks really nice against the house color and door. Our Christmas decor this year is a fake mini tree and moving boxes accented by snotty tissues, medicine bottles, and DVDs. Very avante garde, I'm sure!

Caroline said...

I LOVE the wreath! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Cate said...

Hi! I'm an italian girl, and I love your house and your creativity!