Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday Break

Trying to adhere to my "sunny side" credo I left Saturday's chore list on the counter and had a family day. I had great intentions and seriously wanted to get to the boys' bathroom every time I got near enough for a whiff. Having two small boys that haven't quite perfected their shot makes for a stinky bathroom. I don't even go in without shoes on. I know, gross.

Here's my reason...Blasen got home last night after what felt like an extra long week away. We really missed having him around. It seemed to be an extra "fighty" week with the kids...so maybe it is best he was away. But I definitely needed a break and they from me.

So, we played with toys, went to the library for movies, played in the power wheels, went to Academy Sports to look at all their cool stuff, ate sandwiches for dinner (no "I'm not eating this" fights) and watched a movie.

Blasen just reminded me of something funny that we discovered tonight. Bliss has become a serious nail biter and I'm trying to get him to stop. He comes by it honestly. His dad's a recovering nail biter and comes from a long line of nail biters. For some reason Bliss has chosen to also eat his nails...I know, gross again. Anyway, tonight, I go to clip Isla's nails and it looks like a wild animal's been gnawing away at them. I ask Bliss if he knows anything about this and his response is "Yes, I ate her nails because she kept scratching me in the face." Fair argument, right? Yuck!

What do you do when you have gross boys?! What, I ask you!

But all-in-all, a fun family day.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I don't know?! When you find the answer let me know! LOL

tracyp said...

Lol!!! Hilarious! So glad I have girls..I may want to trade at the teenage years.

Jennie said...

Having only one boy I count myself lucky to be spared from multiple instances of disgusting boy grossness, but Holdyn can be pretty yucky sometimes. I caught him licking the sidewalk by the pool the other day. He said he just wanted to taste it, what?!

nbarnes2 said...

ha!! jackson is always wanting me to suck his thumb or to suck my thumb! yuck!