Friday, June 25, 2010

Gross-Out Moment of the Day


Zade...my second born and by far most disgusting child. I love him dearly, because he is pretty mild mannered. He's laid back until Bliss aggravates the snot out of him and then he looses it. He gets so mad he shakes. I think part of it is that he can't quite express with words how he truly feels.
But all this is beside the point. Back to the disgusting part. He just totally grosses me out sometimes. Like today, on our way out of the gym. There is always some random puddle the boys just have to splash in, regardless of season. I tell myself that it's rain water, but it's likely nasty run-off from some nasty roof or some other nasty something or another. So today after our daily romp thru the puddle, Zade takes off his flip-flop because it is now slippery and wet. Next thing I know, the kid has a flip-flop up to his mouth to lick the water off the flip-flop. This is gross on so many different levels.
1. Said flip-flop was inherited from their uncle Remington, aka Chief.
2. Said flip-flop was worn by Bliss already.
3. Said flip-flop lived in China and walk down many a nasty street there. (I seriously considered leaving all footwear in China because how nasty the streets were there.)
4. Why would you lick a shoe anyway?
5. Questionable source of puddle water.
6. It isn't like he was dying of thirst, why not just wait.
I could go on...
Zade, of course, saw no problem with any of this. Oh Zade...I just chalk it up to "he's a boy."

3 comments:

mcamp said...

gross!

tracyp said...

Ok, that gross! Hope you don't have a parasitic child on your hands soon!

Anonymous said...

That's my boy! Building up his immune system, preparing to withstand the plagues mentioned in Revelation! Wouldn't have happened if you didn't make him wear shoes!!!
LOL

Old Man River