Thursday, January 21, 2010

Adding Time to My Day


So the getting up at 5am to go to the gym is working out well. This is day 4 and I'm making it. Granted, I didn't get to go yesterday because some little helper messed up my alarm clock and I didn't realize it. I was pretty bummed. I really like this getting up before everyone else. It actually makes my day so much better. AND I'm a better mommy. I RELISH the time when everyone is asleep.(Is that bad?) That I can get that in the mornings gives me time to wake up. (If you didn't know...I'm not a morning person. Just ask anyone that's ever had to live with me.)
Sleep and I are enemies. If I could go without sleeping, I would. It's just a waste of time. No matter how much or little I sleep, I'm still tired when I get up.
Another part of getting up early that I like and was a huge motivator for this change is that I have more time during the day to do things that I want to do, like sewing. Yesterday, the stars aligned and everyone laid down for a nap at the same time and I actually got to sew for awhile. I made some boppy covers for my friend, Jeni, and her new baby and a holder for my MP3 player. I'll post pictures once gifts have been sent. That's no fun when I don't post pictures, huh? We'll here's one of cute Miss Isla. By-the-way, I spoke too soon about Isla's success of sleeping through the night. Last night went well, but the couple before that were back to the old days. Hopefully, we're rounding a corner.

Update: So I took a picture after all of the MP3/Ipod holder.

Sorry...I meant to give a link to where I found this. Here's the tutorial at Make It and Love It. I used here basic idea and made a few changes of my own. She has lots of pretty easy good ideas...go take a look.

5 comments:

Jeni said...

So those boots are TOO cute. And I was so happy to see that the boppy cover is made..hooray! Don't mail it..I'll just get it from you when I see you while I'm home.

Rachael M. said...

Ooo...are you using Amy Butler fabrics? That is cute.

I usually manage to get one thing cut out while someone naps. But that's because I'm ADD and I will go do 30 other things when I get tired of cutting. LOL Now I've actually got some projects cut out, but I'm waiting on Ben to make it where I can create the monograms on my computer to upload to my sewing machine so I can monogram and then sew my projects. I am always waiting on something...

Unknown said...

Is that MP3 holder designed to attach to your arm or something so that you can wear it during exercising? That is super cute!! Did you just make it up?

Sara said...

Not sure about the fabrics Rachael...they may very well be Amy Butler. I didn't pay attention. But aren't they cute? And Katy, it does have a strap to wear it on your arm. I put a link up to where I found the idea, I made just a few changes.

tracyp said...

I love Amy butler fabric I was wondering if it was her's also. Isla's boot, are they from gymboree? Izzy had the pink ones just like them last year and we wore them out! Glad you're having more time for your hobbies!