I thought I'd post about my birthday. It went like all other things these days...not according to plan. It all started Friday night when we were at some friends' house for dinner. We were done with dinner and playing a game while the kiddos ran around like crazy way after their bedtime. (We all need this at times, right?) Well, Zade walks in to where the adults were crying and I think he is choking on something(he has a history of choking on hard candy). Then I realize he is sick as he starts throwing-up everywhere. This is all in slow motion...literally seconds pass as I first see him enter the kitchen. And yes, thankfully, it was the kitchen and not some carpeted or harder to wipe down room. Poor kid. Needless to say, that ended that dinner party. The rest of the night went somewhat the same. I'd hear him start to get sick and I'd sprint down the stairs hoping I wouldn't go rolling down them half asleep. Why, you ask, didn't I just stay close by? I was hoping that this incident was a one time thing related more to the combination of likely too much soda, late nights, and running around chasing each other. To my dismay, it was a full on stomach virus. Hopefully, we have infected no one else. So, no going out for my birthday. Blasen did, however, get me a comfy Alabama sweatshirt. And my mom and 2 of my sisters came on Thursday for lunch. And thanks to everyone who sent me birthday messages. So not too bad after all.
Oh no! I am so sorry :-( Yes, I'd definitely just declare a later date "Birthday Do-Over" and have everything that day that you didn't have on the real day.
You'd do it for your kids, wouldn't you? Then why shouldn't you do it for you!
Yeah, I missed your birthday because we've been sick here, too. That virus is definitely going around. Thank goodness I missed it...but I'm still not over being sick when you were here last time. I'm with Rachael...you get a do-over.
4 comments:
Aw, man. That's no good. Hope little man is feeling better. You'll have to do PF Changs later..perhaps when I'm in Alabama to celebrate with you??
Oh no! I am so sorry :-( Yes, I'd definitely just declare a later date "Birthday Do-Over" and have everything that day that you didn't have on the real day.
You'd do it for your kids, wouldn't you? Then why shouldn't you do it for you!
Yeah, I missed your birthday because we've been sick here, too. That virus is definitely going around. Thank goodness I missed it...but I'm still not over being sick when you were here last time. I'm with Rachael...you get a do-over.
Happy Birthday! Geez La Weez, I guess I missed it. I think everyone has been sick... kind of a bummer birthday but who cares!
Post a Comment