Thursday, September 24, 2009

Birthday Boy




Bliss has been anticipating this day for months. Well, his birthday was actually Tuesday, but I'm just now blogging about it. He has changed his mind several times on what kind of cake he wants. Since, we can't seem to have just one party, Bliss has the opportunity to have more than one cake. Friday we headed to Tuscaloosa, since Blasen had a rugby game, to start our partying early. If you aren't from the Southeast, you may not realize that it's been raining just about none stop for about 3 weeks now. Today has been the first majority sunshine day in weeks. So you think, "so it's raining, what's the big deal?" Besides the fact that it usually doesn't rain after the end of July for about two months, it's rained so much that there is a constant flood watch and there are mushrooms growing everywhere. I digress...So, the rugby game was rained out, well more so they couldn't play with it lightening. Since Brisa and Rob were in town, we stayed up way to late talking and laughing. Blasen got up early to go to the rescheduled-for-8-in-the-morning rugby game. It was a home game for the Crimson Tide and they were already parking folks at 7 am. It was so wet, we would've had to just about swim to the bleachers to watch the game. I dropped Blasen off and headed back to the Archibald's to decorate Batman.

We had to wait for everyone to get home from rugby and selling football programs and wrapping gifts so we could start the party. This was just killing my little soon-to-be 4year old. Finally we eat, then for some reason wait awhile to eat cake and open presents. Again, Bliss is on the verge of break-down if we don't start the party. We gathered everyone long enough to sing happy birthday just for everyone to go their separate ways again.
We eat the cake and still no presents. I feel for the kid and decide that we are opening gifts, I don't care who is or is not there. The only way he actually lasted this long is that he did get to go swimming for a while in between rain storms.

He was so excited with opening his gifts he basically ran all over the place and I got just a few good pictures.
On his actually birthday we made a Scooby-Doo cake out of cookie dough and I let them decorate him.
Thanks to everyone who called and wished him a happy birthday. He felt like a superstar. All that, along with having a birthday song sung to him in Primary on Sunday and get a $10 bill from Great Grandma Archibald, has made his week. Of course he's looking forward to a birthday party at Mama Ford and Grandfather's. He actually told me that since he is 4, he gets 4 birthday parties. That makes sense, huh?! He'll have to settle with the four and enjoy it. Next year...everyone is getting 1 party/child/birthday.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Happy Birthday, Bliss! Sounds like you made it extra memorable for him, Sara. All those pictures from his infancy to now are great.

Jennie said...

Happy Birthday Bliss! The week just got away from me but it sounds like he had so much fun he wouldn't notice I forgot.

Emily said...

Glad he had a great week! Brett is already telling me about his cake! So I know what you mean about how much they talk about it! We are looking forward to the party in Ragland!

Unknown said...

I thought about him on his bday...I'll never forget his because it was Ethan's original due date. Can't believe our boys are 4!