Thursday, September 24, 2009

Babyfood Making Time



Just one more post. Since Miss Isla, or Baby La-La as her Grandpa often refers to her, is growing so fast and right before my eyes, it's time to start with the babyfood making. I was down at the local Farmer's market not long ago and picked up some sweet potatoes, then Publix had pears on sale last week. I've already canned applesauce a month or so ago. If I do it all slowly then I don't have to do it all at once and that makes it all possible. Next I'll likely do peas or pumpkins.

Here she is loving being a big girl sitting up and playing with her toys.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Nice accomplishment on the homemade baby food! Wish I had done something like that. And Isla was born beautiful, and somehow is getting more and more gorgeous every day. Sitting up already, too?!

Jennie said...

That is one thing that I actually enjoyed doing - making baby food. It was easy, satisfying, and usually quick! That girl is gorgeous! Evie and Kallie are already planning on driving her to the mall when they are 16(just ten years or so from now)!!!

Unknown said...

Where is your pressure cooker?? I can't believe she is sitting up already! I think I recognize those pants?? We come home from our trip Weds. We've had a blast, but I'm ready to get back to normal life!

Sara said...

I did use my pressure cooker with the sweet potatoes and it was lots easier. I just bought some BN squash to do also and plan on using the cooker then too.
These are SK's old pants. Cute, huh?