So, here's my semi-finished product. It looks finished right? Well, it was and then I need to wash it to remove the chalk marks I made for my quilting template. I worked on it Thursday to finish it up by making my own quilt binding and sewing it on, which requires some hand stitching. I was really proud of that binding. So, I wash it and pull it out of the dryer and I find there are tears in it! There are two places on the quilt where seams have come undone between the different material. I guess I didn't allow enough seam allowance on those pieces and they unraveled. I wanted to cry, because I felt I was extra careful on this project. I usually have mess-ups because I rush to get something done. Well, I guess it doesn't help when sewing if a 2 year old comes and rips grabs your spool of thread off the machine as you are in the process of sewing. Or when a 3 year old presses the pedal when you're trying to sew.
I can fix the quilt, but it will require some hand stitching which I'm not very fond of. I'm peeved because I have other projects I'm ready to start...ugh! So is life.
1 comment:
Oh no Sara! I'm sorry. That makes me scared for my quilt, I have to do the binding on mine also and I have procrastinated doing it for a month now. The quilt turned out well. I like it a lot and can't wait to make the one for my SIL graduation now. I just have to figure out how to take if from a baby quilt to a twin which hopefully is just a lil' easy math. Good luck finishing it!
Post a Comment