I was sent some free samples from the Shelf Reliance Thrive food line. One of the items was freeze-dried raspberries. Along with these came a recipe for a raspberry crumble. I did attempt to make the crumble, but the crumble part didn't do right. I believe this is mainly because my children were in break-down mode and I couldn't concentrate. So, I had these raspberries that I had rehydrated sitting in my fridge needing to be used. I decide to experiment on my own and make chocolate-raspberry ooey-gooey butter cakes. I used Paula Deen's gooey butter cakes recipe from her book Just Desserts. I used a chocolate cake mix for the bottom layer and then added the hydrated raspberries to the filling. The result...yummo ooey-gooey butter cakes.
I still have some other products to try out, so I'll keep you updated. I have used some of the freeze-dried strawberries in oatmeal. That was really good too.
2 comments:
mmmmmm....raspberry chocolate bars. Very valentiney!
Sorry the crumble didn't work out right. Was it the butter? I had trouble with mine, too...I was also making it while I was destracted.
Post a Comment