So, Blasen is starting on the upstairs as I write. I would be up there, but someone has to rein in the beasts downstairs. There is plaster and 100 year old dust flying everywhere. It now sounds like he just has the shop-vac running constantly to cut down on the dust. Some time during the past century there was a fire in the attic, i.e. black soot that comes down with all the dust and plaster. I am SOOOO glad that we moved everything out of there. Blasen didn't believe me of how much of a mess it would be. He just came down, with his demo goggles and dust mask on, and said it was way worse than he imagined. I'm not surprised.
Here are some before pictures and once the dust settles, I'll get some after demo pictures.
I better go do the dishes and get the boys to clean up their bedroom, so it looks like I'm doing something.
5 comments:
That's nice, the house started demoing for you. Have fun!
You guys are so brave. I have no desire ever at all to redo a house. I want all my stuff move-in ready! But, there come a tremendous sense of satisfaction from knowing your hands created a whole new room! Prayers that it will be done before the baby gets there!
Hey, we've spent our day/week working on the bathroom. I feel your pain. My dining room (and every other room) is covered in dust, tools, misc. Yuck! But a new bathroom will be nice. Just like your new room will be nice. Love ya!
Oooo, I feel you on the dust. I STILL am finding things covered in construction dust down here. :-p
I also feel you on the "major renovation while super pregnant." What is wrong with our husbands? LOL
*hugs*
It will be so awesome when you are finished, I know it!
I will be totally shocked if you get it completely done before the baby gets here. Hopefully you'll be able to live in it, though, while you do the finishing. Although sleeping in the dining room could encourage things a bit and it sounds like the house is cooperating as far as tearing things out goes. Good luck putting the new stuff in, though! Don't take any measurements for granted!
Post a Comment