I'm almost done with the quilt. After all the cutting and sewing this is where I am. I decided not to wait to find someone to quilt it for me. My quilting is the usual squares or straight lines. I decided to free-hand some flowers. Big mistake. I chalked some designs of different size flowers that I traced from my cutting board. Oh my heavens....it is such a pain to stitch over those designs. The smaller the more difficult. Thankfully I only have a few on there. I'm almost done. I just have the petals to outline still. I will never attempt that again. I will either find someone that has a quilter or take it to a shop and pay them. Until the day I have some sort of machine with a quilting function or dream of dreams a long-arm quilter, I'm sticking to straight lines.
I'll update on the finished product soon. I still need to bind it.
3 comments:
wow that is gorgeous! i love that. i've never attempted a real quilt but i like to look and dream and plan and wonder and awe at other peoples.
Sara it looks great. I'm using a similar pattern (if not the same) to make a quilt for my sis in law for graduation. It's great to see a work in progress and how great the pattern is! And props for trying the hand quilting... I just mail them home to mom to have her do it!
wow, i'm totally following your progress on this... i love it! so cute! btw, you need more pics of your attic project
Post a Comment