Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rain Drops Keep Falling


So the past few days have been pretty yucky and it looks that it will stay that way for the next week. I guess we have a tropical storm sitting over us. They're afraid that is going to affect some of the Olympic events being held in Hong Kong. Sunday night we had an awesome lightening show for several hours. I couldn't believe it lasted that long. Being up on the 16th floor makes it pretty cool too. Blasen wants to get to the top of our building(the 30th floor) for the next lightening storm. I've always loved storms...not tornadoes. And since those are mainly a North American phenomenon (there was one in France yesterday..crazy) I have little fear of them here.
As you can see from the picture, this storm is huge and sitting right on top of us. Unfortunately, this means no outings to the park. The boys really like going to the park, even though it's not my favorite outing. We're all pouring sweat by the time we get there, but thankfully all the playground equipment is shade by these huge trees, i.e. no grass, which is a downer. Nothing a little soap and water won't fix.
So, I'll just be thankful for the rain and pray that my little yard in Decatur is getting some much needed rain too.

1 comment:

Emily said...

It is! Your lawn that is! It has been a good summer. Rain in the evenings. We have only been going a couple of days at a time without rain and then we will have good big drops. I'm sure your house misses you! I also understand about kids playing in dirt! No fun!