What is one to do? Aunt Flo is on her way and I'm not prepared. I search and search, high and low, hidden on tops or backs of shelves. They are no where to be found. I think "This can't be. Aunt Flo is not going to like this. Surely, I haven't looked hard enough." So I search more and bring Blasen in on the hunt. Maybe they don't have them. But Aunt Flo visits here often, I proclaim. So he has to ask someone, how embarrassing for Blasen to for TAMPONS.Yes, they don't have tampons here in dear ol' China. The bottom line is that they do not see them as "clean." I say it's unclean not to use them. There are matters of virginity too...but we won't go there.
Bottom line----Aunt Flo is out of luck. The one thing(besides books) that I don't pack extra of, they don't have. Oh well. I guess it's back to the good ol' days of pads. Yuck. Aunt Flo is going to like this...neither is Sara.
I mean, I just don't understand. They don't have tampons? What a wonderful invention?! They don't have tampons, but they have condom displays just about everywhere you look. At the cash register, don't forget your gum or condoms. I mean, come on. When I was in Europe, I thought it was hilarious that the instructions for tampons was in 27 languages. It was basically a manual. So, I thought I'd be safe here. But no.
Aunt Flo will just have to get over it...she's not asking for much though.
6 comments:
OK, seriously, that culture is backwards. But if they let them in the country I am putting them in the mail today! That is horrible! Let me know if I can mail you some and they will be in the mail tomorrow. You go, what, three years without one and now you have it again and your in blessed China? Crazy!
HOLY CRAP - you're going to get inundated with boxes of tampons from this!!! But maybe you can leave them for the next poor woman who stays in the apartment and doesn't realize that in China, tampon usage is unhygenic.
Wow.
You know it has WAY more to do with the "virtue" thing and less to do with hygeine. They just cooked that up to sound less sexist.
Ok, I was beginning to feel envious of you there in China but no tampons is waaay too exotic for me. Seriously, I'm surprised they even have pads! Unhygenic, my eye! I'll send some too if you need them. Gotta keep your sister covered.
My package of 80 tampons is addressed and ready to wing it's way across the world to keep you from having to live that way anymore. LOL
Hopefully, they'll get there before you need them next!
Oh, that is just hilarious. I haven't used a pad since I was 12. So sorry you'll have to endure that!!
You should get your "special package" in about 10 days :-D
Post a Comment