Monday, August 4, 2008

Mama' Got a Brand New Bag

We had our weekly family outing on Saturday. We went to this mall that has more stores in such a small space than I thought possible. I got me a bag.

I had to barter with the lady. I think I got a pretty good deal. I ended up paying around $14 for it...and it's actually better made than the other ones Blasen has bought for me. This one, however, is not a name-brand knock-off. I really like it and I don't think this picture does it justice. I guess it was an anniversary/"I need a purse" gift. Blasen bought a Swatch watch off the street the other day, so we're even now. It was his birthday though.
After a little bit of shopping we went down the street to this larger mall that has basically a mall of restaurants across the street from it. And I mean a 4 story, huge mall of just restaurants. We found this really good place that had some awesome sweet/sour pork. I had this yummy pork that you wrap up in Mandarin pancakes with cucumber and onions. One thing the Chinese and I agree on for sure is how to cook veggies. They cook their veggies just enough so they are still a bit crunchy, not too over done....yummy. So, we had some broccoli that was cooked by putting it in rice porridge. It looked sort of slimy and gross, but was really tasty. We have to have our celebrity moments occasionally, so after we ordered our food, I believe just about every waitress in the restaurant was standing around our table just staring at us. Here's our waitress with Zade. Bliss didn't feel like participating. Note the Chinese trademark peace sign.


After lunch we went movie shopping. I'll have to start doing movie reviews or something. I got a few girlie movies that I can watch during nap time. Blasen had to stop at this fountain to get his picture made. Why someone would have a fountain like this in a public plaza is beyond me.

Here's a close-up so that you can see you're eyes aren't betraying you. Yes, it's a little boy peeing. You aren't mistaken. Again, not sure of the significance...maybe I'm just missing it.

That was our fun day in the city.

1 comment:

tracyp said...

Holy cow Blasen's gotten skinny!