Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Spring Birthdays

We are about to have another birthday in our family next week, so I felt I needed to post about past birthdays from this year. 
Zade's birthday is in March and as you see out the windows, there was still snow on the ground. It's something he has gotten used to since we've moved to WI. In the past, he would have birthday parties where we most likely could be outside. 


Regardless of the weather, Zade was excited that it was his birthday. Got some games, both video and board, and the Alabama jersey from Mama Ford and Grandfather.


Our idea this year, instead of the birthday parties, was a Spring Break day trip to the Lego Discovery Center in Chicago. Thankfully, we planned ahead and ordered our tickets online. It was a combined birthday treat for Isla and Zade's birthdays.




We even were able to build something ourselves that day.


I don't know if we could really say one display was a favorite. Each new area was "awesome, this is our favorite!" We had a great time, despite the crowd.


Isla's birthday came just a few weeks later. She chose smore cups instead of a cake. Again, fine by me. As a special treat, we ended up having cousins here for a visit. My sister, Emily and her clan headed north for Spring Break. What a trooper! They left nice warm Georgia weather for chilly Wisconsin. There was even a little snow lingering in places, which the cousins thought was fun. We had a couple of warm days we could play outside though.


Isla added to her homemaking collection with a new doll cradle and high chair, along with new play food for her kitchen.
We love visitors and always feel so lucky when we have them!
post signature

2 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe I haven't checked blogs in a while. We had so much fun coming to see you guys!

thanaglim said...

I took a year off of blogging, I'm back now and forgot that your blog doesn't show when it's been updated :) Your family looks great!