Friday, March 22, 2013

March Madness

Every week I think to myself..."I just blogged last week, right?"
Evidently that was WRONG!
Here's it's been a month since I last wrote anything and babies are growing, people are having birthdays, dads are traveling,snow falling, and life is just happening.


Cora is 4 months old today. She is rolling from her tummy to her back. She loves sitting in her exersaucer so she can see everyone around her and what is going on in the house. I can't believe how fast she is growing.


A few weeks ago we had a huge snow storm. It snowed way more than they had predicted. As you can see we had to dig out of our door. When the snow plow came by and pushed the snow up on the end of the drive, it was just over Blasen's waist.



The kids had another snow day and had fun playing in the snow. They are jumping off the porch into the deep snow in these pictures. Poor Isla had to walk in here brothers' footsteps the snow was so deep.


They worked on a snow fort that weekend. This one is way bigger than the first one they made.


I finished up crocheting a blanket for my sister's baby's blessing.


I also made this cute snugglie thingy. Cora modeled it for me. She was a bit too big for it. But it should fit baby Dieter just fine. I found both patterns online for free. Both pretty simple.


Blasen was in China this month for a week. It was his first real travel since Cora was born and we(I) sure did miss him. He did bring home some goodies for us. We fell in love with these Koala cookies when we were living in China and he tries to pick some up for the kids each time he is over there. We have been able to find them in a grocery store in Chicago's Chinatown, but we haven't gotten back down there since we drove through on our move north.

They are a wafer-like cookie with chocolate filling. Yum.


He also brought me home a Jimmy Choo bag. All the bags I bought while living over there have been tossed as they eventually fell apart. I'm loving this one...lots of space and that's what this mamma needs.



Zade had his 6th birthday last week. This was his first "real" birthday party. And by "real" I mean he invited friends from school and church over. I used to slave over their cakes, but not anymore. I go with a sheet cake and let them put action figures on it. For Zade's I did pipe the Avengers' "A" and he stuck Iron Man on it. But little kids don't care really. And I didn't have a box chocolate cake mix, so I used a Paula Dean mud cake recipe that came out almost like a brownie. Can I say that is the way to go?! No crumbs. It was great. And the kids loved it. They all had so much fun and after two hours we were all worn out.

3 comments:

Brisa said...

I had a roommate in college from Japan that always had those koala cookies and these little wafer stick things covered in chocolate...declicious! Rob and I have discovered you can buy those koala cookies at Target in the dollar section. You should check it out. They also have vanilla and strawberry filled ones but why would anyone choose vanilla or strawberry over chocolate? Am I right or am I right?

Emily said...

I love the updates. I never feel like I have as much to post as you do. But I'm sure any update is better than none! We are so excited to see you guys this summer! And I can't believe both Bliss and Brett will get baptized this year!

Jeni said...

I hope you guys are thawing out up there. It finally is feeling like Spring here! And that Cora..I want to eat her cheeks!