Thursday, February 7, 2013

An Alberta Clipper


We've had what you call an "Alberta Clipper"...basically a weather system that brings a couple inches of snow several days in a row. There is also a Saskatchewan Screamer and a Manitoba Mauler, I believe they are both the same type storm but obviously originating in different locations. I had never heard of these until we moved here.
So...it's snowing again for the 5th day in a row and today's is actually a wet snow...yuck! We are getting over a nasty bout of what I'm guessing was Rotavirus, because it was longer than 24 hours. Three of the five have been sick and I just hope this is the end of it. Zade, Isla, and Kipp have all been sick consecutively. So, I've been on sick duty since last Friday. Poor Kipp had the worst of it. He's been sick since Sunday night and is finally feeling a bit better today.
A very unhappy Kipp. This was his first run-in with a stomach illness. And he did not care for it.



When I was still thinking it was a 24 hour bug, we had wrestling. Not a good idea...Zade was still sick. And my sincerest apologies to all the folks at the West DePere wrestling tournament that we infected. I didn't know Zade was still sick until after this match.

Here's Bliss wrestling.

Today I'm supposed to be working on my grocery list. I haven't been to the store in a month and we are running low. I've tried to do large shopping trips over the past few months for several reasons, but mainly due to the weather and not wanting to take Cora out. So, once a month it is for now.
We've been doing ballet...
and I made some homemade washi tape...
It's so easy to do yourself. I used scrapbook paper that I had and some double-sided tape that is sort-of like this one. I got mine from some friends of ours that worked for 3M and they would bring us a bag of stuff every once in awhile and this was in it once.
Now to go tend to these two.

No comments: