Monday, August 13, 2012

Moving Day


I guess it should be better titled as "Moving Days". This has been quite a process. Yes, we have movers. But they only do so much. They, unfortunately, won't go through all your belongings and throw out stuff you don't use anymore. You can accumulate quite a bit in 5 years or more. We had some boxes that were never unpacked from moving here from Tuscaloosa. They were packed by my beloved husband with these famous last words..."I'll go through it once we get there." He tried the same line on me this time with the same boxes. I refused and we went through them and threw out that 10th grade math work that no one will ever care about.

I have been sorting through stuff and organizing our belongings so they will get packed in some kind of orderly fashion. So when they dropped it off in Wisconsin I'll have some idea where stuff is. And this is the part I don't look forward to...the unpacking. That's going to be all me. Ugh. I have some short-term goals already in mind, but I know it will be months of arranging and rearranging and just living in the space before I know how we work best in our new home.


With all the extra "nesting" urges I have these days, I'm not sure how well this is all going to work out without me losing my mind. As crazy as this sounds, I've already mentally prepared myself for the disorganized nature my house will be in for awhile.

But my parents came up over the weekend to visit and brought me this nice gift. These chairs and even a glider.


I've been looking for, wanting, and coveting metal lawn furniture for years. This was at my mother's parent's home and she and my uncle have been going through some things and GRACIOUSLY let me have these. Thanks to Mom and Uncle Tim. These are even the square ones like I really wanted. I will now have a touch of home with me up in Wisconsin.




2 comments:

nowellmama said...

Guess I have not been introduced to it yet, but in the south doesnt that make for really hot buns n legs? Cute though. Now they can be cold buns. Nothing like more to pack.

tracyp said...

Don't you love getting more stuff to move! :) Glad you'll have another piece of home with you up there.