Well, it's almost done. Just a few hours of cleaning and I'll be done. I've done everything except vacuum and mop. Then we hit the road.
I have mixed emotions about leaving. I so want our family to be moving past this phase of our life...but leaving Alabama? I've lived outside of Alabama before, but always with the intentions of returning. This is new, exciting, scary, and sad all at once. It's always nice knowing that family is close by...2 hours to reach just about anyone. I've been very fortunate and blessed here.
We've really loved being in Decatur. It's a great city...and has everything we've needed. I've made wonderful friends here and hate to leave them. We also know that the same will happen in Wisconsin. We'll put down roots and grow where we're planted. We'll adapted to weather, root for the Packers and maybe even Wisconsin(since they are non-SEC), play winter sports, and say "dontcha know". But we'll never stop saying "y'all" or Roll Tide, never stop missing lukewarm lake water and southern hospitality, and never get over being so close to family.
I have goals to keep up on the blog more. With all the changes going on, we need to keep everyone abreast of our family life and new adventures.
Now if we can get to Wisconsin without Blasen murdering everyone...as Bliss says "I don't travel well" and Kipp doesn't like being in a carseat for very long. Oh boy...what fun lies ahead!
3 comments:
Congrats. A new Phase. Welcom to the North. It wasnt such a bad trip, but i do it alone in one day from the bottom to almost top is 13hrs. Good luck. You are also preggo, n have more kids. I remember that def not being good for bathroom stops. Your house looks wonderful. Keep smiling.
Good luck Sara! I'm so excited for you! We have a good friend that does the announcing for Wisconsin, he played there before he went pro. Just think though.. you'll have AMAZING cheese to eat all day long! :) Safe travels!!
Well, you know how I feel...we've already discussed it. I miss you already! I hope you travel safely and your stuff makes it quickly, too. Hug and kiss the babies for Aunt Jennie. I love y'all mor'n life! I may have to make a visit to WI soon!!!!
Post a Comment