Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Sunday Special

I teach the 16-18 year old girls at church and last week we talked about the Sabbath and ways to better keep the Sabbath, honor the Lord, and observe it as he intended.
The girls and I discussed things we could change in our normal Sunday activities...not that any of us were on the wrong track to begin with.
I took the advice from a talk given years ago where the speaker said the Sabbath is the day to "wind our spiritual clocks."
I do need to "wind" my "spiritual clock" and be more aware while choosing activities to make sure they benefit me as well as honoring the Lord.
I thought one way is I could blog about something I've learned during the week that is faith promoting or spiritually related.
I've seen a big difference in just the two Sundays that have passed.
Today I read an article in the July "Ensign" called Waiting on the Lord, Renewing our Strength.
It's a small article but made me reevaluate this scripture:
 
  "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."   -Isaiah 40:31

We sometimes have to "wait" on the Lord...maybe when we've prayed and prayed for a very righteous desire and it just doesn't come on our timeline. What do we do during that time? 
Does "wait" mean wait as in waiter/server?
What do you think?
Maybe some food for thought during the week.

No comments: