This week has been a tad stressful for me. I like time to make important life decisions and we don't have lots of time. I think I'm bad...Blasen is like 100 times worse...if that's possible. We both have a tendency to want the "needle in the haystack" when it comes to buying large ticket items. This process is tedious and usually takes time but almost always pays-off...if not always. Our personalities are such that we are okay with both the tedious search and waiting, Blasen more so than me.
Unfortunately, we are working under different circumstances this time around and...ugh, let's not talk about it.
I thought I take my mind off it all for a few minutes and catch up on some fun the kids and I are having this summer.
We've been hitting up the splash pads in and around our town quite a bit. Bliss still likes going but he prefers swimming this year. The other little ones still like the splash pad and Kipp is loving it...no fear at all.
We have one in Decatur that is nice, but is just the water sprays/fountains. In the neighboring small town of Hartselle there is a splash pad that has more toy type water features and it tends to be less crowded. It takes a bit longer to get there, but we make the trip every other week or so.
One of our other favorite summer activities is the library's summer reading program. Instead of the normal weekly story times, the children's librarians have all kinds of fun and different activities. Last week, they did a fire safety program and had some of the local firemen come.
The kids got to see the firemen in their suits and then had the chance to climb in the firetruck. Bliss was not too excited at first, because he already did this at school. Well, excuse us for not being as cool as you Bliss. But then I mentioned popsicles and he was all gung-ho about being the tour guide for his younger siblings. Zade was in heaven! He's always wanted to see inside a firetruck and it made it even better to get to climb in and have a seat. Isla wasn't too sure about it all, but wouldn't have her brothers think her a baby, so she climbed on in too.
We're having a ball this summer despite the high temps. Of course, we have to find ways to get into a pool. Our close friends, who happened to have a pool, moved in May and we miss our play dates and their pool!




No comments:
Post a Comment