Saturday, May 5, 2012

Easter Weekend

DeSoto Falls
This year we did something a bit different for the Saturday before Easter. We usually go to an Easter Egg Hunt or two, but this year we met up with my sister, Lacy, and her husband, David, at DeSoto State Park in Northeast Alabama. We went through there once and stopped by Little River Falls when Isla was a teeny baby. We've been wanting to get up there for a longer visit ever since.
Zade and Bliss at top of Little River Falls, wading and fishing.
Isla enjoying the view atop Little River Falls. 

Kipp enjoyed his day in nature. 
Our last attempt at fishing for the day, above Desoto Falls. 
It was a great day to be outdoors...and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. No one even minded that they didn't get to do an Easter egg hunt. The Easter Bunny did visit, but I only got a few pictures and none were great. Blasen is gone Sunday mornings before the kids wake-up, so adding in Easter baskets that morning was pushing me to my limits, therefore, no pictures...not even of Isla's Easter dress that I finished the night before after we got back from DeSoto. It was simple and cute and I let her pick out the pattern she wanted. I'll take a picture the next time she wears it to church.

No comments: