Friday, March 2, 2012

Our 4th Generation Wrestlers

We are introducing a new generation of Archibald wrestling. As far as I know they are the 4th generation of Archibald wrestlers. (Blasen actually met his Grandpa Archibald's wrestling coach at this grandpa's funeral and said he was scary strong...Blasen feared he might actually try a take down!)
Bliss and Zade are wrestling with a club team and are loving it. Now, they aren't catching on as quickly as their father would like...but what can I say, they are partially me and I have to put forth great effort to be considered athletic.
Like I said, they love it and that's what matters.
Last weekend was their first tournament and they did okay. Zade wrestled 3 times and Bliss wrestled twice. No tears shed so I considered that a plus. They are quite motivated by those medals, so I'm hoping they will be more motivated to try harder.
I had my own wrestling match with Kipp and Isla up in the bleachers. I came out victorious...but barely! I was a nervous wreck too. I figured I'd be nervous, but oh my, it was if I was out there myself. I think the extra nerves were the fact that it's a solo sport. If you do poorly it's all on you, no "well, shucks, your TEAM lost." And it's intense...all over in 3 minutes or a pin. And, not to brag on Blasen, but he was REALLY good...as in he wrestled from age 6-18 and was never pinned, never. I was afraid that it would be a lot of pressure for them, but they handled it well.
We go back for another round this weekend. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Emily said...

How exciting! I know they will do great and it's so nice when they find something they love!