Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My New Edition

This is the newest edition to my collection of furniture to be fixed/refinished. I've been toying with the idea of a piece of bamboo furniture for awhile and this one sort-of found me. A man who lived in the house down the block unexpectedly passed away about a year ago and I guess they are just now cleaning out his belongings and cleaning up the house. In the clean-out, this chair was tossed because of the damaged caning on the seat. I like the bamboo. Love the barrel back. Don't care for the caned bottom.
I'm not sure what I want to do with it. I wish there was a pair. I keep toying with the idea of going down there to see if the pair that they would sell to me. I don't know, maybe the guy had my problem of picking up random pieces of furniture in need of repair. I'm sure it's some kind of illness!
I thought of painting it, but I'm now leaning to leaving it the natural wood color. My solution for the seat is to have Blasen fix a new seat that I will cover...in some kind of kelly green/white geometric print or large floral. I'm sure it will take me awhile to decide and months searching for the right material.
Meanwhile, I'm enjoying my find in it's new home, the foyer....I sure wish he had a friend though.

4 comments:

tracyp said...

I love it! *sigh* I need a house to actually do some of these projects that I'm wanting so bad to do.

tracyp said...

I love it! *sigh* I need a house to actually do some of these projects that I'm wanting so bad to do.

heidi said...

i LOVE this. this is exactly what i want for our "library"(term used loosely). and maybe it doesn't need a friend, just an ottoman.

Sara said...

Tracy, I sort-of know how you feel. I can't make any more changes or improvements to this house since we're trying to sale it. So I make do with none permanent things like furniture.
Heidi, thanks for the idea...a cute ottoman might just work. I never got the nerve up to go ask if the people throwing it out had the pair and if they would sale it to me.