I don't know if I should share this with you as it may be detrimental to me...maybe not.
The fabric from the bed skirt from the baby bedding post? Sheets. Yes, I buy sheets at thrift stores, especially thick white ones. I have found several perfect white top sheets that are super thick cotton that were practically new and I haven't paid more than 2 dollars for a sheet. They are perfect for all kinds of sewing projects and if I used them for kid clothing, I usually don't have to line it or double-up on the white. They are great.
The chartreuse if from a sheet also. That was just lucky on my part. Who has chartreuse sheets?
The dark grey that I used to make the piping was from a sheet also. I also used it to bind the lap quilt I made for Kipp months ago.
So if you're out at a thrift store, browse the linen section...you never know what you can use. There are some pretty cool vintage finds too.
No comments:
Post a Comment