Do you still journal?
I know so many people blog these days in lieu of journaling or for the sake of keeping a family history.
But I still try to journal, because of regardless of what I write here on this blog, I will likely never but down everything I'm thinking, feeling, etc.
That's just not me. Too private.
I've read articles where people complain about people "editing" their life on their blog. Granted I'm no professional blogger...but even them I give a bye.
Some things should be kept private.
This thought made me think how nothing seems sacred or even private for that matter these days.
It's like we're trying to make everything mundane or ordinary.
My point, I suppose, is to dust off the old journal and write down some thoughts. It's good to get it out every once in awhile.
Sometimes I debate on whether I'll even let anyone ever read my journals. I may include in my will that they must all be burned and never read!
I have several from my college days. And, sadly, the one above I've been writing in since right after Blasen and I got married.
Some years are better recorded than others. I found that my toughest years are the best documented.
I know this seems random...but thought I'd share. I had to wipe some dust myself when I pulled this guy out the other day. But is was nice to put pen to paper.
4 comments:
I journal in several different forms. I keep a few notebooks where I record daily stuff like to-dos, funny things the kids say and do, etc. I also keep a private journal password protected on my computer. That's where I let it all out. It's therapeutic! And you're right, I prefer not to know everything about everyone.
I agree. Even though I put more on my blog than probably should be there.
I feel you, my poor kids are going to think my life was pretty crappy because that's the only times I seem to write in my journal. Although I did blog some of the cute things Stella was doing because typing was easier then writing... man I'm sad.
I have started writing one sentence a day in my journal. It can be anything, what I did that day, a funny quote of the day, or just how i'm feeling. I find it easier to do when I am busy, but still really interesting to look back on.
Post a Comment