How about a project that's been in the "to-do" sewing pile for 2 years?
Here's our puppet show curtain. This curtain was hanging in the kids' bedroom when we bought the house and didn't really go with anything we had. I took one of the curtains and made a puppet show curtain for my nephew and had the intentions to make one for my kids. My friend, Rachael, even sent them puppets for Christmas because they were supposed to be getting this curtain. Again, that was two years ago and here we are. Oh well, better late than never. And they love it.
It was really easy and yes my lace is not lined up, but I didn't take a lot of time on it and I had two "helpers". I had an old tension shower curtain rod that I put in the rod pocket up top. I cut a whole about 20"x20". The bottom of the opening I turned under and sewed a 1" or so pocket for a dowel so it wouldn't swag. I used the lace to box it out and then was good to go. I play on adding some other accents, maybe a banner of some sort up top, in the future.
I'm glad we took the time to do it. We had some fun shows while it rained outside. And now I've been given the assignment to make people puppets.
No comments:
Post a Comment