Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'll take it Phil...

Didn't know if you saw today or not, but Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow which means 6 more weeks of winter.
Phil...I'll take it. Our winter has been soooo mild. I guess after the past couple of winters we needed a bit of a break. The last few winters we've had below average temperatures and above average snow fall here in North Alabama.
No thanks folks! I'll take the 60's for most of the winter. Today's high is 69 degrees....lovely. We have had a lot of rain and some flooding this winter, but we'll need it for a good growing season this spring and summer.
It's been so warm this winter, I didn't even put away our flip-flops. They'll be worn through by summer and everyone will be up for new ones, but that's way cheaper than running a heater in an old, drafty house all winter.
Before anyone states the obvious, yes I know I'm trying to sale my house so my family and I can relocate to Wisconsin(yoga breathe). It's okay, I'll survive somehow. I'm just loving it here now. I've warned Blasen that we will likely need to invest in a tanning bed and a treadmill. Those both can help me survive the winter up there...right? That or some light therapy. According to my Google search, light therapy is a lot cheaper.

3 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

Hey. Why are you moving to Wisconsin? we still haven't made the drive down to see you! I want to see your house and your kiddies.

Emily said...

Light therapy is really good! We learned a lot about it in psyche classes. I know the sun always helps my mood and so does a good cardiac workout! You'll do great and Brett will miss his best friend. That's what he tells me whenever I say Bliss' name. He's say, "Yeah, Bliss is my best friend." Good luck with it all and I'm glad winter has been mild too!

Jennie said...

I have a light therapy light. Krager brought it home from work for me. I used it one winter to help me wake up on those dark mornings. I just stood in front of it while I put on my makeup and dried my hair. It worked pretty well.