The title says it all...invisible zippers. I've always loved them in my clothes, but I'd never tried doing one. I hate putting in regular zippers in clothing mainly because I never get it even on each side for whatever reason and I think that looks really bad, especially in clothing. I even bought an invisible zipper foot several years ago. Blasen's Grandma Hess showed me once how to do it, but she used a regular zipper foot and I don't remember anything except that it looked good.
I recommend doing invisible zippers all the time. LOVE them!! I used one this week in a skirt I made for myself and it was super easy and looks lovely. WAAAAAY easier than regular zipper. You can buy an invisible zipper kit for a few bucks at about any fabric or craft store. It comes with 3 adapters, so it should work with any machine. It's easier and makes you clothing look not so homemade.
Now if you're one of those trendy folks that likes the "zipper on the outside of my clothing" look, then you don't have to worry about any of this.
3 comments:
Hmmm, now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever done an invisible zipper. Shocking, because I've done a lot of sewing over the years! I think I was intimidated by the whole thing. I have a zipper complex and usually avoid them for all the reasons you mentioned. No zippers and the no TV thing are the two things I envy about the Amish. ;)
so many people are afraid of invisible zippers, but I love them too!
I love the way they look, but the way I put in a regular zipper is simply stupid and I can't imagine it going well with an invisible one!!!
And as you well know, I HATE zippers as decorative elements in clothing. LOL
Post a Comment