Monday, January 23, 2012

Teux Deux

If you remember, I upgraded in life to a smartphone a couple months ago. Since then I've been looking for useful apps...well, more like waiting for them to find me. Some of you have suggested some great apps and I haven't tried them all. In all fairness, it was then holiday season when I got the phone and there was just no time to and look for apps for my phone.
Well, now that life is somewhat down to normal speed and no longer in warp speed and I'm wanting to use the phone in my organization instead of paper, I decided to try out some different ones. Well, I tried Google tasks for awhile and it has served its purpose of keeping up with my task in just one long list. You can use it on your desktop and there is a mobile version. Not really what I wanted, but it worked.
Then today, the Pioneer Woman mentioned Teux Deux and described it and I thought "This is what I've been looking for!". You can list your task by day of the week and cross them off when completed. Now, if you don't cross it off, then it just moves on to the next day. Love this! Now tasks don't get lost and I don't have to move it over myself to a new day.
Down side for me is that there is not an Android app at this time, but it is in the works according to their FAQ page. There is, however, an app for the iPhone and it syncs with what is on your desktop. The app cost $2.99, but I think it is worth it.
Teux Deux seems, by far, what I've been looking for.



P.S.
Sorry no fun pictures and for any misspellings or incomprehensible sentences...children calling. Thanks for all the bday wishes via FB and txt. They made my day!

P.P.S.
Thanks Pioneer Woman!

1 comment:

Rachael M. said...

Oh my gracious - I just went and bought this right away.

I'm forever losing my pieces of paper, even though I love them, and maybe this will help me finally get caught up on stuff.

Maybe.

We'll see.

Good thing I got an iTunes gift card for Christmas so I don't have to feel guilty about spending $3.00 on an app that may not work out LOL