Monday, January 30, 2012

Pretty Teeth



Do you like going to the dentist?
I like the feeling of super clean teeth.
I do not like that my gums bleed.
Do not judge me. I floss...not as much as I should. But I consider brushing my teeth for longer than a minute a luxury.
My problem...hormones. They haven't been normal for 7 years, therefore sensitive gums.
Which means that no matter how nice the hygienist, she's in a hurry at 4:30 to clean your teeth and get you out of there so she can get on home.
And I have a confession for some of you regarding my teeth...besides not flossing as often as I should.
If you knew my pre-19 year old self, you know I have a gap.
It is now a nicely disguised gap thanks to my high school dentist (who also happens to be the father of one of my best girlfriends from high school) and some bonding.
It was a large gap...like Madonna and Faye Dunaway sized gap. I hated it and have no desire for it to return. If it did return, it would be even larger due to the prep work for the bonding.
One of my biggest fears...the bonding falling out. Which one day it will. It's inevitable. I'm lucky it's lasted this long.
I've warned Blasen that when that day comes, I will drop everything, likely cry and then go to the dentist.
And I will likely be getting a dental upgrade because I don't think a second round of bonding will work.
But how will I pay for it?
Well, I, personally consider it an emergency and we have an emergency fund.
Why am I talking about all this? I don't know for sure.
Maybe it's the super clean teeth, sore gums, and headache...but no cavities and "pretty teeth".

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I'm with you! When my fake bonding tooth made by Dr. Young fails (it's been 13 years) I'm getting something done, that day. I've had nightmares about that "tooth" falling out! But, I love it! He's a dental genius!