Monday, January 9, 2012

Life Back to Normal



I've seen this video floating around in the blogosphere and I finally decided to give it a listen tonight. I loved her in Elf and she does great here too.
Blasen headed north again tonight and I'm trying to catch up on my blog reader and syke myself up for my return to the gym tomorrow. I've taken almost 2 months off...I just needed a break. Now back to the grind or treadmill rather.
Also, I'm taking on a few projects(we could call them resolutions) this week...surprise, surprise. Big one: sleep train Kipp. That sounds bad, huh? But I've reached my limit. He was doing fine for awhile and recently started waking up and wants to nurse. And my half conscious self gets him and feeds and I don't remember it half the time...just a vicious cycle. Two, well three, reasons I've let this go on.
      1)It wakes up Blasen and I feel bad that his sleep is disturbed(Kipp is in our room) and if I just let Kipp cry and go back to sleep(it's loud and long) it would even further disturb his sleep and he has to work in the morning.
      2)I'm just dog tired and it takes time and effort to get up and rock him back to sleep and like I mentioned before, sometimes I wake-up and half remember Kipp crying and me feeding him.
      3)I just love the kid and don't want him to cry.
So this is the week. Blasen is gone and I can let him cry and it will only bother me.
Don't say I'm a mean mom. He's not hungry...it's just a comfort thing. The kid eats 3 meals a day, 2 snacks, and has been nursing 5 times a day.
The other project is lil'man's bedding. Yes, Kipp is 8 months old and I've done nothing beyond that lap blanket. I want to at least get a good start. It really shouldn't take long. Now with the holidays over I can focus on something else.
Anyway...enjoy the song and maybe you'll wish, like me, that you could play the ukulele.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

You would totally rock the ukulele!

nowellmama said...

Let him cry it out. That is a good mom who is taking care of her self too. Don't wait til hubby is gone next or he won't appreciate what you go through hahaha. Kilee was 18mths before she slept through the night bc cliff would complain if i tried to let her cry for a week. and that was the 2 nights I was in the hospital and Cliff didn't wake up to hear her. oh well. good luck. know it is life and not you.