The Primary kids sang for everyone. They had karaoke for everyone...it was totally fun way to see those you go to church with each week. Of course, Blasen had to sign-up our friend Adam, unbeknownst to him...but he was a good sport and sang a solo.
Here are our snow globes. They turned out great. I even went to Bliss's class and each kid got to make one. I used the tiny trees and ornaments you can find in craft stores along with baby food jars. They all loved getting to take home their own snow globe.
I stayed up Christmas Eve sewing Isla a dress and the boys bow ties...per their request. Kipp was the only one to wear his bow tie on Christmas and I thought he was super cute. Very professor-ish.
Isla's dress was super easy and I added the rick-rack around the neck, arms and hem.
And our amaryllis actually bloomed. I was thrilled. It was beautiful (sorry Rachael, don't know what I did). My paper whites are blooming now. I'm hoping that I can save the bulbs for next year. I've never tried it before, so we'll see how it goes.
I think I'm finally caught up now...and I'm glad the holiday season has come and gone. I love it all, but I get worn out. Don't we all? But what a wonderful time of year and we get to do it every year. Hopefully I've learned some lessons that I can take with me and not be so worn out next year?!?
1 comment:
CURSES!!! Mine was supposed to be all beautiful and white like that.
I guess I treated it too well, according to some folks I asked about it.
My leaves are like a million times taller than yours, but not a bloom in sight. :-(
I saved the box so I could try to save the bulb for next year, but we'll see.
Post a Comment