Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Smartphone



I'm moving up in the world, technologically that is...and twice in one year. What is the world coming to? I got a new phone...a smartphone. Eh, what did I say?
So my question is...what apps do you like/recommend? What apps should I steer clear of? I'm finally attempting to do what Blasen has asked me to do for ages...just have my life on my phone. No more lugging around a paper planner. No hauling books and magazines and manuals. Note: I still love paper in my hands whether to read from or write on, it matter not.  I have trip planned to meet Blasen up in Wisconsin this weekend and having that little thing has drastically decreased the amount of "things" I have to take along with me.
The main thing I'm looking for? Calendar/daily planner(I'm using Google calendar now, but haven't looked to see if there is something better). I need to digitize all my list making. Chore list, bill list, grocery list, kid activity list, rugby practice/game list, gym classes list, etc. Anything that would help my job as a homemaker easier. You know I'm a financier, a meal planner/chef, a personal assistant to my dear husband, nurse, wet nurse(ha), teacher, and most recently designer...wait til you see my wreaths. I'm in love with them. I could go on, but you get my point.
I have an Android and I want to make use of it to it's fullest potential. So share.



P.S.
I'm loving this leather holder. It, however, would not be very conducive to my lifestyle. This leather stains easily...I know...I used to have a planner made out of it.

4 comments:

Jeni said...

If you find a good planner app, let me know. I still use my paper planner. I love my Droid. LOVE.IT. I don't know how I lived without it. Did you know there is an app that tells you when the best time is to leave a movie to go pee so you don't miss important parts? There is an app for every.thing!!! I haven't made the most of my phone yet, but some apps I have downloaded is the Gospel library app, and there is an awesome app called Hey Tell where you can send voice texts to people. It's so awesome. I wish all my friends had it. I'll send you an invite. It's free. It works kind of like a 2-way radio. There is an app called Advanced Task Killer. Get that. It kills all your apps you're not using when you tell it too to help keep your phone's power up and also so you're not connected to stuff making you more susceptible to viruses. Download a free antivirus app. Blogger has an app so you can blog from your phone. There is a free Background app that has a million different backgrounds you can choose from to put on your front screen of your phone. There is an app called Evernote I use for jotting notes to myself, lists, etc. There is a free flashlight app. Get it. I have used it several times. It's really bright..turns your phone into a flashlight. A couple good kids apps are istorybooks, kidsdoodle, kids shape puzzle lite, and baby piano lite (all free, and I have insurance on my phone or my kids wouldn't touch it, lol). There is a scripture mastery app, I downloaded solitaire, the usaa app, the weather channel app, and there is an app called my days that helps you keep up with when you are ovulating and such. I kid you not. I can also control my thermostat and alarm system from an app from my phone. It's all like magic. Share any good apps with me you find!! Welcome to the future!

Jeni said...

Oh, there's one more called "Lose it". I just downloaded it. It lets you track all your exercise and calories. I have several friends that have had great success in weight loss with it. Not that YOU need that but I most certainly do!

tracyp said...

angry birds.. great for the kids.. espeically the Rio version, they get to kill monkeys.

Cooks Illustrated has an app... subscribe, BEST RECIPES EVER. All good, all flavorful.

I don't do much with the organization you do... I'm not organized. Surprise, surprise, surprise.

Sara said...

I'll try these out and let you know if I find some good ones myself. Angry birds is on my phone, but for Blasen. I'm a mean mom and don't let my children touch my phone.