| image source |
I finally finished this book. It's not a difficult or boring read, it just takes me awhile these days. Apparently, me reading is frowned upon in our household...so I read bits here and there and finished it up this weekend while traveling. If you have not read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, it should get moved to the top of your reading list. It is an epistolary novel and sometimes those are hard for me to read, but this one is written so well. And yes, I had to look-up "epistolary" to get the correct terminology for a book of letters.
I had seen this novel on my sister's shelf for awhile and she sent me home with it probably a year ago. She is always my source for good reads. It is about a group of people on one of the Channel Islands, of which I did not know existed...shame on me, after their WWII occupation by the Germans. In it they recount their story to a writer from London. It broke my heart, yet was also very heart-warming.
Anyway, go get to read during your holiday travels...it won't disappoint. Must run. The teething Kipp is calling my name...
3 comments:
We read this for book club a few months ago! I could never get the name of it right! And i can't believe my comment about all the apps I use for my phone didn't post. Ugh! It had lots of good info!
I just found your blog browsing through. Love it!
I know this is an old post but I was just catching up on your blog. I LOVED this book too! Such a good, cute book.
Post a Comment