Thursday, November 24, 2011

Fowl Foul

Source: google.com via Verena on Pinterest

Our Thanksgiving dinner looked nothing like this in the least. Okay...maybe the mashed potatoes, but that's it. We had great intentions for a traditional Thanksgiving feast, but a nasty stomach virus nipped that in the bud real quick. Last night, as Blasen and I are laying our heads on our pillows to fall asleep(cause isn't that when it always happens?) we heard heavy footsteps on the stairs. I knew instantly that it was Zade, he couldn't sneak up on you to save his life. After I recognized that it was Zade, I knew it was bad. That kid never gets up at night unless it's serious. At this point I'm hoping nightmare...isn't that mean? But we had these plans in the morning...turkey bowl for Blasen with the other men at church, pie making for me before we headed out to Tuscaloosa for the holiday. I even say, "You had a bad dream?" His response, "No, I just threw up everywhere." Ahh, great.
All of you know what that means. Come one, come all, let's all enjoy the throw-up bug! Between that and Isla dreaming Bliss was taking something away from her, we finally got to sleep around 2:00am. Needless to say, we did not go to Tuscaloosa.
But since it is a day of thanksgiving, I still am thankful for somethings:
  -a peaceful day
  -a relatively good meal of steak and potatoes and corn...when I really wanted fried turkey and fresh cranberry sauce
  -no one else has gotten sick...yet
  -I did muster up the umph to make some yummy puppy chow...some call muddies and still others reindeer food...what I could call straight up yummy, put it in my mouth.
There's worse that could happen besides celebrating your first Thanksgiving dinner, in your life, without fowl  ...yes, including my stays in Europe and China.
Hope you all had lovely Thanksgiving...free of stomach viruses.

2 comments:

tracyp said...

Aww Sara, I'm sorry! I was afraid we were going to miss Thanksgiving also, Stella has been teething and a cold all at once and went without a nap then woke up every hour Wednesday night. I will say... steak was better than the turkey we had at one of our celebrations.

Sara said...

How do children always time illnesses so well?